Keep Going - Part 3
“You can do it!”
“Don’t stop now!”
Inspiring words to read but incredibly difficult to live when you feel like you have run out of steam.
PATIENCE is not just waiting. Patience is how we wait, it is why we wait and what we are waiting for. "Patience is the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. Bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint or loss of temper. An ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or frustration when confronted with delay." [dictionary definition].
When we understand that our human nature is prone to quit, it should help us understand how important it is to keep going.
When a plane takes off, we hope it keeps going until it reaches its destination.
Think of your life as a flight…
1. You were born on purpose
- God gave you ‘lift off’
2. You have a purpose
- God gave you a ‘flight path’
3. You fulfilled your purpose
- God wants you to ‘land beautifully’
We need vision to keep going. We need faith to keep going. We need a high completion drive to keep going. Many of us have ‘loose ends’ in life and those things can hang over our heads until we deal with them. Imagine what would happen if we kept going until completion!
- Unfinished books
- Unfinished projects
- Unfinished conversations
- Unfinished renovations
- Unfinished obligations
There are sometimes we do need to keep going, and there are sometimes we need to quit!
- Quit worrying
- Quit spending more than we earn
- Quit bad habits that cause us and others harm
- Quit judging people
- Quit holding grudges
- Quit doing nothing to change your life
We need to quit trying to change the past, quit trying to control the present and quit trying to predict the future.
St. Augustine once wrote, “Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to His love, and the future to His providence.”
In other words,
- God can turn the mess of our past into His masterpiece
- God can smother us with His love in our present situation
- God can give us a future and hope far exceeding anything we ever hoped or dreamed of.
We just have to love Him, believe in Him, and keep going!
My prayer for you is that you will be inspired by the Holy Spirit to KEEP GOING!
1. Keep Praying … and expect miracles
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
2. Keep Sowing … and expect to reap
3. Keep Hoping … for an amazing future
4. Keep Forgiving … Jesus says we should keep forgiving … 70 x 7
5. Keep Believing … in Him
The Holy Spirit has been sent to us to convince us about Jesus. Convincing work is the Holy Spirit’s work. People can present the cause of Christ, but only the Holy spirit can open a human heart. The Spirit is called the Comforter in John 16:7, and here it is said, He shall convince. One would think this were cold comfort, but it is the method the Spirit takes, first to convince, and then to comfort; first to lay open the wound, and then to apply healing medicines." [Matthew Henry commentary]
Let’s KEEP GOING in the process of allowing the Holy Spirit to convince us and comfort us, for the rest of our lives.
Father God in Heaven wants you to know..
- He believes in you [keep going]!
- You can do this [keep going]!
- He is with you [keep going]!